Want to know if I have depression. Lost appetite, feel worthless, get angry easily

Hi I want to know if I have depression . I feel as though if I can recognize that I might have depression or a mental illness , it means I m sane and OK. Anyway, Ive been emotionally (and physically) abused by my parents for my entire life. Lately, esp with the recent disallowing me to apply for Harvard and UPenn (my lifelong dream), I feel Ive gradually lost my love for my father (and to some extent, mom too). I cant smile or be happy in front of them, I dont want to talk to them, I have lost my appetite , I keep getting angry over the smallest things (in private of course), I feel worthless and that no one understands and above all, this wallowing emptiness. I ve entertained thoughts of suicide , but I know this is a very stupid option and I doubt Ill ever go through with it. My friends don t understand (can t blame them, theyre only children really), my teachers dont really care (and I imagine they ll keep passing me onto another teacher, again, understandably, theyre only paid to teach) and the school counselor has a policy of calling up your parents over anything. I have no other family, relatives or siblings. Do I have depression or am I mentally still coherent? I just want to know that Im functioning OK.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012