Want to know about hip and knee replacement operation

my mother is 76 years of age and needs to have a knee and hip replacement pls suggest on the consequences of the same
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You can go for knee and hip replacement if she needs it badly. Regarding the surgery, if she can tolerate the stress of surgery or not this can be told only after doing a detailed pre anaesthetic check up.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
She can go for hip replacement first followed by knee replacement,considering she is medically fit. If not fit for some or other reason, get her fit by consulting a physician & get her hip & knee replacement as soon as possible, since she is 76 years old & delaying these surgeries will affect the results, adversly.
I am a joint replacement surgeon doing joint replacement with smaller incision & latest technique.
You can contact me at