Want to conceive, overweight. Taking Melodene pills, antidepressant medication. Is intake of pills, weight a concern?

Hi I want to fall pregnant, I have been on the pill (melodene) for a few years now. I am overweight and I am on antidepressants (wellbruton). Not sure what or how I must start this. I am 32 years old and we have decided to start trying to conceive. I will be going onto a new antidepressant in about 3 weeks, one that I can conceive on and its apparently safe for pregnancy. I am not sure if I should loose weight first, it will take months to loose weight and I don t want to wait that long. I am confused and don t know what to do, should I loose weight or maybe stop the pill so long, coz it takes a few months for your body to adjust to your cycle again. Is it safe to go off the pill now when i am overweight and still on medication . advice would be appriciated thank you Liza
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012