Waking up wet frequently, overweight. Family history of renal failure. Due to diabetes?

Hi, my husband is a 30 year old male that weighs close to 300 pounds he is some what active by no means does he exercise on a daily bases exept for working. but not all the time but every once in a while he wakes up wet, it is getting more friquent and he is really emabarresed,I told him that he needs a full physcal for diabets both his parents had it they both passed away at the age of 49. and his dad had reneal failure. could dieabets cause this?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013