Wake up with swollen, burning lips. Tried various medications, only worsened. Solution ?

this is the 2nd time in over a year that this has happened. I wake up with swollen, burning lips . I have used many lip balms, nothing with any medication in them, my family doctor said to use vaseline only, that makes it worse, the condition has lasted for about 4 weeks this time. I have used the same toothpaste for about 3 years, Crest Pro Health and Crest Tarter protection, haven t noticed anything different or additional burning after using them. Lips are very red and swollen at this time, looks as tho the redness is getting worse! Have not started any new medications in the past year.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013