Wake at night due to hot, later feel cold and shake uncontrollably, get excessive thirst. Possible causes?

Hi I ve been waking in the night to being hot and then cold and then my body shakes uncontrollably. I also feel thirsty and will drink like 24 oz of water before I can calm it down and even then i still feel shakes come in waves and like I have to concentrate on my breathing . I thought maybe it was low blood sugar so I eat some crackers too, but really I just wait till it goes away. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013