Vomiting post surgery for broken hands. Is this serious?

sir , my brother get an accident by bus, his right hand get broke and in ct scan there is a small amount of blood clot -he did t get unconsence and did t get any vomiting tendency .last night after 7 days treatment of his hand in which doctor put a steel and operate the hand we come to home but today he get a vomiting .last night he eat chicken and today he eats rice. i want to know the is their any serious issue and can you please tell me what to eat right now and make precaution .
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
hi thanks for your question. one of the commonest causes of vomiting post surgery is the medication we give to treat pain particularly any medication that contains morphine or morphine like drugs. there are other potential causes and so if his vomiting continues I would encourage you to seek medical attention.
best wishes