Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Vomiting and sick feeling after drinking vodka, is taking plenty of water. What should be done?

My 22 yr old daughter drank too much vodka and now she s throwing up and feels extremely ill. I ve read the symptoms for alcohol poisoning and I just don t know how to tell if I should take her to the hospital or just let her go to sleep. I ve been giving her sips of water and she s kept that down so far and I m checking her breathing every few minutes.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Dear thanks for your question,your daughter has taken too much of vodka,and now vomiting and feeling sick,The vomiting is due to gastritis produced by alcohol,you should take her to hospital to neutralize the effect of alcohol .Alcohol gets absorbed too quickly from stomach ,it is better for you to take her to Hospital before she lands into coma,so don't waste any more time rush to Hospital,Hope i answered your question.
Answered: Tue, 2 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor