Vomiting and pain in the stomach. On medication for stomach ulcers. Low appetite. Will smoking mixed with marijuana build appetite?

Hi, I went to the er about three weeks back, and i have been on medicine for a stomach ulcers (zophran & zantac) and I have been smoking every once and a while, it hasn't been bothering my stomach. Yesterday I woke up early in the morning throwing up, and for about the rest of the day i was bed riden, and vomiting. Not until about five o'clock did i decide to go to the er. they gave me another prescription of the same stuff. I didn't smoke all day yesterday and today I am starving. Yesterday was the worst it ever got so I'm not sure if I should smoke to build my appitite, or if it'll make my stomach hurt more. Any suggestions? OH! Also. occasionally I mix my marijuana with tobacco. Would that make my stomach hurt more as well?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013

Thank you for the query.

Smoking does not help with stomach issues for sure. Due to smoking your whole body needs to deal with caused by toxins inflammation. This inflammation is also present in the stomach cells and does not help with healing.
You have been prescribed some medicines, but it seems that there was no proper diagnostics. You need to know that your symptoms can be caused by stomach ulcers or stomach inflammation indeed. However such symptoms can be also caused by stomach cancer. That is why it is very important to have gastroscopy done before the treatment.
Moreover, you may have Helicobacter Pylori infection which needs to be eradicated, otherwise the treatment wont be effective.

That is why I suggest you to have gastroscopy done. You should also avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol and coffee.

Hope this will help.