Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Vomiting after eating fish bones. Feeling unwell. Should I be worried?

I was eating Fish and Chips last night and as I came to the end of the fish - I felt a small fish bone in my mouth. After discovering this - I then continued to chew and realised there were several in my mouth. Having already eaten almost all the rest of the fish I presume I probably ate several of the little bones as I wasnt paying any attention and was eating in a rush. Last night I felt very unwell and couldnt sleep. I felt sick but not to the point of vomiting . I panicked that the fish was the problem and tried to make myself sick to get it out of my body but all i could bring up was really horrible burning acid. Today I still feel quite unwell. Should i be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You felt unwell and sick may be because of indigestion and acidity or may be you are allergic to the food or there might be chance of bacterial contamination of the fish.
Did you have the same kind of fish before too? Did you have any problem then?
Did you feel any change of smell or taste in your food ?
Did you have any fever or bowel disturbances too after eating?

For the time being as you are having acidity take proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole or rabeprazole tablets
For nausea take ondansetron tablets.

And go visit your doctor and take his advice.

Hope this helps.
Update here how you stay.

Take care.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor