Voice getting hoarse, throat soreness, voice fatigue. Diagnosed with phonesthenia and throat congestion. Not responding to neuromet. Any suggestions?

hello doctor , i m a singer and past 4-5 months i m suffering from severe throat problems . If i use my voice for an hour or so it gets hoarse and my throat gets dry and kind of soreness persists and there is voice fatugueness . When consulted an ENT doctor i was told that it was phonesthenia and congestion in the throat . I prescribed to a tablet called Neuromet . Even after completing the course of medication for several months the problem hasn t subsided . Pls help me recover doctor .
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013