Voice change due to frequent cold and cough

For my 4 yr old daughter sometimes the voice changes.It occurs frequently.She gets cold & cough frequently.Pls advise
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
The voice change occurs due to throat infection.For frequent cough and cold prevention is the best thing. Avoid sudden temperature changes, try antiallergics, whenever there is a blocked nose, try steam inhalation at least thrice daily.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
ENT Specialist Dr. Dinesh Valse's  Response
Dera poorna

your daughter how often catches cold? if she gets frequent attacks of cold there might be chance of having adenoid problem. (adenoid is soft tissues mass seen behind nose.) consult ent specilist and get x ray for adenoid it is there then get it removed. it will help her
General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic.
The frequent throat infections maybe due to subclinical infection in the ear as the ear is connected to throat through eustachian tube and children usually get frequent infections.
Consult an ENT specialist for tonsillitis and adenoid inflammation and enlargement.
take care.
I had already showed to ENT specialist regarding this.He had given tossex syp & an antibiotics.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
she had the throat infection due to exposure from cold, smoke, dust. So build up immunity and prevent the recurrent attack of infection
please consult your nearest ENT specialist for further managemnt
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashwini Kolur's  Response

I will try my best to answer your query.
Voice changes sometimes follow an upper respiratory infection lasting up to two weeks. Typically the upper respiratory infection or cold causes swelling of the vocal cords and changes their vibration resulting in an abnormal voice.
(voice rest) typically improves the voice after an upper respiratory infection, cold, or bronchitis
I advice you to treat the cause that is upper respiratory tract infection.
Meet the child specialist they will prescribe you the right drug.

Hope my answer will be helpful for you.