Vocal nodules detected after having hoarseness in voice, pain and swelling. Prescribed with steroid z-pack and acid reflux medication. Having ear pressure. Why?

Hello there. I am a singer/actress, as well as a teacher, so, not uncommonly, about six months ago I began experiencing repeated hoarseness, pain, swelling , and visited an ENT doctor who told me that I had developed small vocal nodules. He told me it was nothing to get extremely bent out of shape about and prescribed me a steroid Z-pack and Acid reflux medication (though I personally don t believe I suffer from it...). I continued with my teaching and then actually went on to do a three month show. It has been two months now since the show has ended and I am still experiencing symptoms, though I am not hoarse. My vocal chords literally feel like they are banging together, especially in the mid to lower ranges, and my voice tires very easily and begins producing more vocal fry as a result. So, i revisited my doctor today and he told me I need to take a couple months of moderate vocal rest. One thing he could not quite pin down was why I experience CONSISTENT fullness and pressure in my ears (especially the right one), according to my level of vocal use (when I wake up in the morning, they are clear, the more I use my voice over the day, the more ear pressure I experience). Oh, and I do not suffer from allergies. I have a few questions for you: is this ear pressure/fullness a common side effect of vocal nodules? Can you still have vocal nodules but not suffer from typical hoarseness? (my voice seems to get smaller and less flexible and I constantly feel discomfort when speaking). Also, was my extended singing and teaching possibly permanently damaging to my voice and do you think I will recover with two months of relative voice rest?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012