Visual disturbance, reddish eyes. Have smoking ad alcohol addiction. Could that be the reason?

I am 44 and in the last week i have had visual disturbance in either the left or right corner of my eyes it happens once a day or with a break inbetween ( i dont wear glassses and have not had my eyes tested since primary school ) recently my eyes have become sore and bloodshot , i used the laptop everyday and i did drink a glass or 2 of wine a day i also started smoking in the last year or so. I have now cut out the alcohol everyday but these eye problems have scared me tbh .It appears like looking through rippling water is the nearest i can get to explaining it,
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013