Vision loss due to swelling in the brain. Is there a treatment?

hai my sister (5 years ) got sudden vision loss . 1 weak before she suffered from omitings about 24 times in a day. after that she has taken medicine 3 times. after that she is telling that she cant able to see.we have take her to CMC hospital in vellore. After all tests the doctors are telling that little bit swelling is happened in mind. EEG test also has done. And they are also telling that left eye retina has turned compleately. sir please tell me is there a chance to get vision again? if there how much percentage? and when can we expect sir please tell me we are very upset of these problem. sir please help us give the details and best hospitals to treat this. And one more point i would like to add her medical condition is perfectly alright. why this happening? please espond sir.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013