Vision improvement after laser surgery for Vitreous hemorrhage ,is this a long time to develop more complications ?

My father developed retinal tear and vitreous hemorrhage in one eye suddenly with bleeding in the nerve. With doctor's suggestion he underwent laser surgery immediately. He is 50 yrs of age and had no diabetes symptoms. Now its been 4 days since the operation is done. I want to know that how much time he has to wait for vision to regain. Doctors have said to wait for 15 days. Is it OK to wait or is this a long time to develop more complications ?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Sep 2009