Vision disturbance, black strings visible. Light makes a difference. What is wrong?

I am seeing black strings floating in my right field of vision . It looks like small patches of dirt. It is not as prominent when I am looking around but still there. When I am reading or have my vision focused, that is when things are most problematic. I seems not to be too much of a problem when I am outside or driving, etc. It is only a minor issue when I am watching TV. It moves as I move my head or eyes. When reading it stays out of my direct vision unless I move my entire head. It does not matter if I am wearing my glasses or not. There is no difference in how it reacts with or without my glasses. The amount of light seems to make a difference. As I look outside on this bright, sunny day, I seem to have no problems. This just started yesterday and I am wondering if using the computer has anything to do with it. Let me know if you need any other questions answered. Will this go away or should I see my eye doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013