Virgin, periods usually clockwork, were delayed and seem to be heavy and continuous. Cause?

Hi, I m 22, single, and I just became a graduate student. My periods are always like clockwork, 24 days between, 5 days long with 2.5 heavy days. However, I was 4-5 months late on my period for the first time. I was certain I wasn t pregnant, since I m still a virgin . I assumed it was due to stress . It has been very heavy for 7 days now with no sign of stopping. Just wondering if I should be worried. Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Since you did not have your cycles for the past 4-5 months, usually the first cycle after this is heavy as the endometrium has excessive thickness when the period is delayed. Even then, you should take medication to arrest the bleeding and set your cycles back on course. I advice you to see a gynecologist for evaluation; you may need blood tests and a sonogram. Wish you good health.