Virgin, had bleeding with clots after regular menses. What could be the cause?

hi.. am 21 year old girl , virgin .. but last month even after my monthly periods i had some blood coming in form of cloths.. it was very small amount.. for 4-5 days.. so i went to a doctor who told me to undergo pelvic scanning but as far as i know it is used for pregnant ladies so am scared of telling this to my parents since i come from very conservative family.. i dont want them to think something else.. & by this month i got normal menstrual cycle & blood didnt come.. so undergoing this scaning is necessary? am i pregnant? or was that because of over heat of the body? plsss help
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012