Virgin, extreme irregularity in periods with gap of months, have intense nausea, dizziness, pain, heavy flow during periods. What is the cause?

look instead of introducing myself im going to get straight to the point :) im 14 im a virgin and when i first started my period (years ago) they were regular and perfect normal flow and everything but then the futher along i got with age the irregular they get i can go up to 6 months without a period and when i do get it it makes me sick,nauseous,dizzy and puts me in pain and on a scale of 1-10 its a 9.5 and the flow becomes really heavy and i have to wear a super tampon and pad at the same time and my periods always last 7 days ALWAYS even if i have a huge gap in between but on my last period i had it for three weeks and this was last month and i guess me question is why is it like this, what could it be , how can i handle it andany more info you could give me thanks much appreciated
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I do not know the details between when you. Your normal and now. Hopefully someone has checked your thyroid function and a prolactin level. If you're in any medications especially psych medications they may also been interfering with normal cycles.
That said, the most common reason is a condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome, PCOS. It affects one in five women are 20% of women. For some reason you simply do not respond to the natural ups and downs of the hormonal cycle and ovulate rarely therefore have rare cycle.
There's no reason for you to suffer the kind of thing you're suffering with your menses. Or contraceptive pills might be a place to start. Sometimes I start patients as young as middle school for the kinds of problems you were describing. Also help to decrease acne significantly. There is no evidence of using oral contraceptive pills to treat gynecologic condition will make you any more likely to be sexually active before you were likely to anyway.
Any birth control pill will decrease your menstrual cycle volume at least 50% and shorten your the number a number of days you have your period. You can further decrease both the flow and the number of days by decreasing the hormone free interval. Instead of taking entire week without pills you can cut it down to two or three days. After a while you may not have any periods at all but it will be healthy for you unlike what you're doing now. I hope this answers your questions. I hope you feel better soon.