Viral infection, burning pain on urination. Had taken treatment for eye infection. What could be the underlying cause of series of infections?

I m an 18 year old female. Last week (Thursday) a piece of dirt became stuck in my eye (I work as a gardener during the summers) and I couldn t get it out. I managed to get it out a few hours later, but my eye still hurt and it still felt like there was something stuck in there. I went to my doctor and was told that my cornea was scratched and I had an infection in my eye. I was given eye drops and my eye has felt much better since then. However, this weekend I became sick. I felt very achy, tired, lethargic, and had no appetite . I also had difficulty breathing and a fever . I went to see my doctor yesterday and was told that I had a viral infection.. I was advised to take time off of work, relax, drink lots of fluids, and manage the fever. Today I feel significantly better and was planning on returning to work tomorrow.. but I ve been experiencing burning while I urinate (as well as foul-smelling urine ) and suspect that I have a UTI . Is it just a coincidence that I ve contracted so many infections recently? Or might there be an underlying reason why?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012