Viral gastroenteritis. Had diarrhea and nausea. How long for good bacteria to line stomach? Take prilosec?

Hi. My name is Rhonda Love and I came down with viral gastroenteritis on April 4. I had diarrhea , nausea and vomiting. That same day I went to the emergency room to seek treatment in which I was given two liters of fluid and an injection to stop the diarrhea and vomiting. I had to go back to the ER last week where I was told to see my own physician which I did. Blood tests, urine test, and H pylori tests were all normal. Now, I have to get an ultrasound of my stomach and gall bladder. However, my question is how long does it take for the good bacteria to line the stomach. I m on a low fat bland diet, I lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks and I m hungry. If I attempt to eat something I shouldn t eat, I become nauseated. Also, do you think taking a probiotic would help and my doctor told me to take Prilosec.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012