Viral fever, giving meftal P suspension and paracetamol, body turns blue, shivering, reduced dosage of paracetamol. How to reduce fever?

Hello, My son is 13 months old, weighing 11.5kg . He was having viral fever 5 days back and was getting fever every 3 hrs. As per doctor prescription we can t give paracetamol (1.75 ml) every 3 hrs and so, we should give Maftal P suspension (5ml) (if fever is more than 102) and paracetamol alternatively. But we observed that fever that was coming 3 hrs later to giving meftal P suspension was coming with shivering , his body was turning blue and his condition was going pathatic. so we managed with reduced dosage of paracetamol rest of the day. He is fine now. I want to understand if Meftal P was not suiting him and so was the result? What we should do to reduce fever when it comes every 3 hrs which is normal in viral fever. Regards, Vandana
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012