Violent behavior after drinking alcohol. Could it be due to the intake of his medication for diabetes?

my father was recently put on some new medication to control I think his heart and to prevent diabetis. He also drinks and sometimes drinks alot. Well tonight he was drinking and has switched into the drunken mood more violently than ever. Becoming even hands on with my mother which is very unusual. At most he usually becomes verbally abusive. Is it possible that the new medication may have done this?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013