Violent behavior after depression attack. Cure available for depression patients? What can be done?

Hi Doctor, My couisin who is a male child of 16 years has been diagnosed with depression . He tends to act violent whenever attack strikes him. His Visa interview date is been schedule in July month itself, and he has been diagnosed positive for depression last month only. I just want to confirm that is any cure is available for depression patients .Moreover , is it safe for us to send him out of India away from family for studies??? Many thanks for your help
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012