Vestibular nerve damaged after virus attack, ear pain, body pain, dizziness feeling

About 8 years ago I experienced a rare condition in which my left vestibular nerve was affected by a virus . And over a period of 6 months, I had 4 bouts of extreme dizziness that resulted in hospitalization since they were accompanied by an inability to stand, walk, move, extreme vomitting, etc. The diagnosis took 5+ months after extensive testing including a CT scan , MRI, etc., etc.. The virus was killed with some toxin that also destroyed my vestibular nerve. My body has largely adjusted and my balance is much better. However, since then, I ve had constant ringing in my left year (but I tolerate it), though now when pressure is applied to my head in certain areas, even when sleeping on my back and the back of my head has pressure on it, I can feel dizziness coming and I must move and remove the pressure. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012