Very slim, loss of energy, lack of motivation, excessive thirst. Symptoms of diabetes?

Hi, i m 17 and have quite a bad diet (eat a lot of takeaways) but I am slim and only around 8 and a half stone in weight. I feel very drained and energy-less most of the time and spend most free days just sat in bed with lack of motivation to do anything physical (although I do go to college etc), I feel as though I am thirsty quite a lot of the time, and also can feel light-headed if I get up to quickly. Someone told me these could be signs of diabetes? Help!
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013