Very obese, on norethisterone. Chances of pregnancy?

hello doctor i just wanted i m 140 kg and i wud lyk to b pregnant. can i become pregnant?when i concieved my first baby i was 107 kgs. pls help me and lastly i want while norethisterone can i become pregnant
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Thanks for writing in.
I would suggest that you reduce your weight before you conceive. The risk for complications for both mother and child are increased if the mother is overweight. Please reduce your weight and have unprotected sexual intercourse everyday between days 10-17 of your menstrual cycle ( day 1 being the day you get your period).
You would not be able to conceive while receiving norethisterone. This will act as a contraceptive. Please discontinue this drug if you wish to conceive.
Hope this helps.