Very hard, non-puss filled, itchy red bumps on butt crack. Rashes comes and goes. How can I overcome this issue?

I have very hard, non-puss filled, itchy red bumps on the area around my butt crack. It started with one and I thought it was a mosquito bite. It faded and then several more appeared. There has been no open sores, I am in a healthy monogamous relationship. (17 years) I have tried some over the counter stuff but nothing seems to alleviate the issue. The rash comes and goes every several days. There seems to always be a hard knot somewhere on my inner buttcheeck. (Never in the exact same place.) So this issue flares up for a day or so then fades. Every time it re-appears it seems to be a little more intense. Any help would be great as I don t have the money to go to the doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012