Very frequent palpitations. Why are they sometimes very strong? Why has BP been high?

Hi I have very frequent palpitations, often worse at night. They are strong, my heart really thumps and this wakes me up. At the moment my heartrate is slow (48 - 55) bpm but sometimes it beats suddenly very fast (100+ bpm). My thyroid tests are in range but have bee very variable tsh has been 1.0, 0.1, 0.3 and now 0.75 while my free t4 has been 16.1, 15.3, 16.1 and now 12.8. There seems to be no link between the tsh and free t4 variation. My bp is getting high, it can be 160/100 but normally a bit lower than this. Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012