Vertigo with retracted ear drum, ear leaking, steroid, sudafed, afrin. How does it happen?

I have vertigo with a retracted ear drum. How does this happen? Over the past few years I have gone to my primary care and Ent with complaints about my ear leaking. They did not see anything. It would literally drain out. Now I have a bad case of vertigo since last Thursday and my primary care said I have a retracted ear drum. He put me on a steroid and sudafed and afrin . Said if its not better by Wednesday to go back o the Ent. What do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012