Vertical lump in neck, dull pain, dry throat, lump growing in size. Treatment?

I have a vertical, rope-like lump in the center front of my neck , extending up from the v in my collar bone about one inch. At first there was some mild, dull pain very much like a pulled muscle, now the pain is dissipating, but the lump feels as though it is growing. The pain presented the morning after a singing performance the previous evening. I have had no other symptoms, but a dryness of my throat may be beginning, although it is possible this is psychosomatic due to panic over the possibilities.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012