Veins poking around ankle, swollen foot. Working 11 hours standing. Suggestions?

i work eleven hours a day standing up , my foot in the ball of my foot area and on the top of my foot is swollen and hurting ,now I see veins slightly poking out around the ankle not much but a vein that was not there before. I have been walking on the side of this foot , for three days , is it possible that the pressure of walking abnormally could have caused these veins to appear
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Hi, based on history of standing long hours and description, this suggests that you are suffering from varicose veins. You need to get examined by your surgeon once to see the competency of blood vessels and based on that further treatment can be planned.

For now use tight bandage/crepe bandage from mid foot to low thigh region to prevent any other problem, keep your legs at raised position when ever taking rest and reduce standing for long hours. This will help you. Consult your doctor once for planning further management.