Veins feel spongy on wrist. Why do they hurt? Related to ankle surgery?

one of my veins feels spongy its located on my wrist and hurts and feels tender to touch I also had been experiencing similar kind of discomfort on my 4th finger of my left hand this as now gone I have recently had surgery on my left ankle ( arthroscopy and bone shaved ) I m male white Caucasian age 34 generally good health non drinker moderate smoker . recent medications modified slow release morphine tablets , codeine , paracetamol , naproxine .
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012