Vein that runs beneath chest bone and disappears into stomach, visible on stretching. Cancer sign?

Hi there, i seem to have a vein/ artery that runs from just beneath my chest bone down my chest and then dissapears into my stomach ......when i stretch the vein is clearly visable, cord like, very tender to the touch, quite hard, no redness. I am worried sick. I have been to the doctors already, he said it was my abdominal rectus or something which i know it isn t, it doesn t feel like a muscle. I am worried sick it s cancer or something bad. Through hours of searching, i think it maybe mondor s disease as that is exactly what it looks like but i am no doctor. I am 30, just turned 30, male.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012