Vein rupture in thigh. What is the purple bruise? What can help the pain?

I had a sudden vein (?) rupture in my thigh 11 days ago. Result was large purple bruise and a lump bigger than a baseball. Bruise is now fading - lump is the size of a plum. Has remained extremely painful to touch the entire time. Yesterday i started getting sudden onset pain in my stomach and abdomen with eating. I does not go away fast but does seem to fade over time. Pain is sharp and much discomfort. Pain to touch from outside as well - but that could just be my imagination. Kept me up last night - hurt too much to fall asleep. Once asleep - when i got up to pee, i still had pain and had trouble going back to sleep. Put off eating today. Once i ate - same thing. Ugh - any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012