Vein popped in the neck on laughing, sudden headache. Cause of concern?

hello appreciate getting an advise, i have recently experienced something like vain snapped at the back of my neck just below the skull when i laughed out loud, apparently it had really hurt and somehow the pain scattered running towards my head, is there something wrong, should i need a doctor, what type of doctor?....
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear sir,

I think there is nothing wrong but still if you feel you can consult a physician for this.

Dr. Shruti
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Vandana Khare's  Response
While laughing slight pressure at the back of neck is a normal phenomenon because while laughing loudly chest pressure increases which is transmitted to back of the neck.I think it must have been a muscle which very commonly happens.there is nothing to worry you can take over the counter analgesic if it still hurts!
take care!