Vein on neck pulsating, swelling at rest. Stents in coronary arteries. History of heart attack. Causes for pulsating vein?

Hello there, I d like to know if it means something wrong when someones vein or artery at their right side of the neck (near to the collarobe) is pulsing visibly and swelly in resting position. /Its my father he had heart attack 6 months ago, and has a stent in his coronary artery./ What can cause this? I ve never seen a blood vessel like this visible on him before. Thanks for the answer!!
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012