Varying degrees of blood loss in gastrointestinal system resulting in frequent blood transfusion, have low hemoglobin levels. What should be the safe minimum level?

Hi, I suffer varying degrees of blood loss in the gastro intestinal system, which results in needing a blood transfusion . This year two units in January, another two in late February. My gastroenterologist ordered these when hy haemaglobin level fell below 90. He is now suggesting I must learn to live with a level in the 80 s. Below 90 i have minimal energy to do meaningful work. Whats would you suggest as a safe minimum level? J. AAAAAAA thompson Adelaide Australia.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012