Variable INR level, had pulmonary embolism. Taking Coumadin. Any ideas?

My INR is either too low, 0.8, or too high, it has gottten up to 25 and 35 and I don t kmow why this is happening. I have a pill box, so I also get my dose right. I have a history of pulmonary inflammatoy disease and I am on the coumdin because I have had 6 pulmonary embolisms this pat year. My pulmonologist said I will be on a transplant list if the pnuemonia comes back two more times. Any ides? I am a pharmacist and I am glad I understand the medications I am on. Thank you doctos. I know my case is challenging.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012