Vain near left knees pulsating fast, feel the beats. Any heart symptom? BP normal

Since last 2 days vein near my left knee is pulsating fast & i can feel its fast beats. I also felt it when I wake up from sleep. (also very rarely a vein on my left shoulder also beat fast but that is 2 -3 times since yesterday) I do not feel any pain elsewhere. Also I am Hyperlipidemic. I am a 36 yrs old male with average body weight. Is this some kind of symptom related to heart?. My BP checked about a month back was normal.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
A vein cannot be pulsatile. It would be an artery... my guess is.... a twitching muscle which you are interpreting as pulsatile vein

This is usually benign and will resolve by itself