Vaginal walls are swollen, on copper IUD, back pain. What could be wrong?

Hello, I m 24 and started my period 3 days ago. I noticed that my vaginal walls are swollen. I use a menstrual cup instead of tampons and pads and when inserted it would not open up i m assuming due to the swelling . I have a copper IUD so i checked to make sure i can still feel the strings. I still can fell them but the position of my cervix has changed. It is kind of tilted to the side. I am also having lower back pain which i don t usually have with my periods. Also a lighter flow and more cramping. What do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013