Vaginal ultrasound did not show yolk or fetal pile. Get mild cramping, twinges. How long will it take to show pronounced symptoms?

I had an vaginal ultrasound Thursday at six weeks. I measured 16mm with no yolk or fetal pole . The tech indicated the sac appeared flat. I have shorter cycles, usually around 25 days. I have had mild cramping for at least a week, but more like twinges not pain. I am supposed to follow up next week but the waiting is killing me. If this is mot viable how long until i get more pronounced symptoms?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013