Vaginal swab shows heavy growth of organism, increase in vaginal discharge. Taking antibiotics necessary?

I had a high vaginal swab done recently & the results showed that there was heavy growth with the following organism identified - str. agalactiae and ent. anerogenes. I am not pregnant & I am a healthy adult. Other than what I think is a slight increase in vaginal discharge (almost negligible), I do not have any obvious symptoms of vaginal infection. Nevertheless, my obgyn had prescribed Levofloxacin 500mg for a week. I have two questions: 1. Is the antibiotics really necessary? What would the risk be if I did not start on the course of antibiotics? 2. Without antibiotics, would these organism eventually go away by itself?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013