Vaginal spotting, tiredness, pain in pelvic area, headaches. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnancy possible?

Hello So in the month of december i spotted 3x and two days each time, once in the begining of december then in the middle and then again on the 31. I am now feeling very tired and pains in my pelvic area, headaches and like a weird feeling under my belly button. I took a pregnancy test last week and it came back negative. Is there a possibilty i could be pregnant?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Hello Good Evening,

Your pregnancy test is negative, so very little chances of pregnancy, even this seems to menstrual disorder, can be called as Metrorrhagia, which is uterine bleeding at irregular intervals, particularly between the expected menstrual periods.

Intermittent spotting between periods can result from any of numerous reproductive system disorders:

-Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
-Ectopic pregnancy
-Hormone imbalance
-Endometrial hyperplasia
-Use of progestin-only contraceptives
-Enlarged uterus with menorrhea
-Irregular ovulation, commonly caused by polycystic ovarian syndrome
-Pregnancy (implantation bleeding, ectopic pregnancy, or incomplete miscarriage)
-Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
-Change in oral contraception

You should aware about PCOS:

PCOS produces symptoms in approximately 5% to 10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old). It is thought to be one of the leading causes of female sub-fertility and the most frequent endocrine problem in women of reproductive age.

The principal features are anovulation, resulting in irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, ovulation-related infertility, and polycystic ovaries; excessive amounts or effects of androgenic (masculinizing) hormones, resulting in acne and hirsutism; and insulin resistance, often associated with obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol levels.

The symptoms and severity of the syndrome vary greatly among affected women.

So go to the gynecologist for proper evaluation and management.

Dr. Naresh Jain.