Vaginal pain during insertion of penis while menstrual cycle is going on, please advice

vaginal pain during insertion of penis while menstrual cycle is going on hi i am undergoing my menstrual is the 3rd day.i suffered tremendous pain in my vagina when my husband inserted his penis into my vagina.i stopped him.this is first time for both of us.all i want to know is the reason behind this there any problem with me or is because i am having my menstrual more thing is it unhealthy to have sex while your menstrual cycle is going on?thanks in advance
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011