Vaginal odour during, after menstruation. Suggested hysterectomy due to endometriosis. Prescribed antibiotics previously for infection. Suggestions?

I have a terrible vaginal odour during and after menstruation . I finished menstrating 3 days ago. The odour disturbed everyone in my office at work and I really thought I had worn clothes that didn t dry properly after being brought in from the clothes line. My partner realised it was from my body after I had showered in the evening. There is no STD but I am at a stage, aged 46 where I am in need of a hysterectomy due to 20+ years of endometriosis . I attempted a Mirena 3 years ago but it had to be removed after 3 months because I had an odour . Only a low grade. Infection was found at the time. Antibiotics followed. Do you have any suggestion as to what this could be?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013