Vaginal mucous and blood streak, menopause stage. Cause for blood discharge?

I recently started noticing vaginal mucous after 4 years post menopause after a year or so of extreme dryness. The last couple of days I have noticed streaks of blood and increasing amounts of discharge. I have had an upper respitory infection with cough for about a week and have been taking over the counter Mucinex DM and Some cough syrup . The wetness and increasing mucous began about a month ago. What could be causing the blood? I am not really a candidate fot endometrial or cervical cancer but my mother died of Ovarian cancer when she was 58... I am 55. I had 5 children before the age of 30, never used birth-control and breast fed my children. I started my periods at age 13.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  437 Awaiting Answer