Vaginal itching,pink discharge after medication and unprotected sex

Hi.I took Postinor on Sunday,then i had unprotected sex on Friday and took Postinor once again.After that i got vaginal itching.I also started having some pinkish discharge ,but today it seems to be reddish .Could you help me,please???
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Postinor is a emergency contraceptive pill and is supposed to be taken with in 72 hours of unprotected sex.
Normally you get a withdrawal bleeding with in a week.
It is not advisable to repeat this pill with in a weeks time as it causes hormonal imbalance and disturbs periods.
If you are getting reddish discharge then it is probably a sign of withdrawal bleeding you may get in a day or two.
Vaginal itching is due to infection and not due to pill.
In future it will be advisable for you to take a regular contraceptive pill(a daily pill) if you are sexually active.
The benefit of using a regular pill is that it will give you effective contraception as well as keep your periods regular.