Vaginal itching and dryness after using a new body wash. Allergy? Treatment?

I started to use a new body wash and as I began to wash my vagina it began to burn me very badly I immediately rinsed with cool water and stopped using it down there. But days after the fact I m very sore because of it and still dry and itchy. I would go to the doctor but it takes weeks to get in. Is there any suggestions to help heal my lady bits with out going to the doctor
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
The dryness and itching is due to dermatitis or an allergic reaction in the area. It is best to stop using the bodywash and apply a 1% hydrocortisone cream in the area.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,